Friday, January 25, 2008

What do you do on a Snowy Day?

You start with shoveling, shoveling, shoveling. Then you get all toasty, enjoy a hot, strong, aromatic cup of coffee, and knit! This is a lovely, and I mean lovely pattern I found on http://www.knitty.com/ By Designer Cheryl Niamath. It is called "Fetching". Worked with Sublime Yarn in a wonderful Eggplant Color. This yarn is such a joy to work with, the silk slides as you work it. By 400pm I had one hand finished.
It is rather "fetching". Apologize for the thumb not showing, but my favorite resource for obscure items, only had a mannequin hand fisted. I have confidence that when Heidi goes through the basement into the box of mannequin parts she bought, we will find something with a open hand!
Right hand of "Fetching" 3/4 complete, had the misfortune of running out of yarn, pattern calls for one skein, so back to the LYS!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Wow! I am amazed you have come a long way with your knitting since you were here last. Love the color and you had great lighting for the photos.