Monday, March 2, 2009

Guitar Sonata



Niece Mallory's boyfriend Ben is a fantastic guitar player, musician, and songwriter.
Ben is not seen very often without his guitar, Mallory is not seen very often, not at Ben's feet while he is playing.

Mal asked me if I could knit a pair of fingerless gloves for Ben so he can keep those fingers warm and still continue to play. They had 1 request, make the gloves convertible so he could flip up a mitten to keep the whole hand warm, and to also make a thumb mitten.

Found the perfect pattern 'Pink Sonata' in Vogue Knitting Fall 2008.
Now had to find the yarn. Mal and Ben gave me little to work with on yarn colour, just a adamant not "navy blue".

As I was finishing up the the Cabled Socks realized I had most of 1 skein of yarn left. Knew that my yarn stash had several other skeins of Claudia Handpainted.

Ben's Gloves will be worked with Butter Pecan and Black Walnut.

Love the way these two colours look together. Earthy, masculine, fun.

The first glove is complete except for weaving in the ends and working up the mitten caps. The caps will be worked in the darker Black Walnut. I should have the caps completed by tomorrow and will post more photos.

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Your color choice will look fantastic with a guitar! Nice job!

Jill in Florida