Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two Weeks Off




Wonderful things happen when you get 2 weeks off for the first time in 14 years.

Getting to spend time with your families for the holidays, and shopping with your grown up nieces!

I am not a shopper by any account, I rank it up there with getting your annual physical. But, when the girls needed hair supplies and I needed yarn, and everything is so deeply discounted due to the economy and stores overbuying, we jumped in the car and went for it. (how is that for a run on sentence)

Mallory, Gracie and I first hit the local shopping area in South Bend, got both set with all the professional hair products they wanted. Though Mallory has since decided she wanted what Gracie got. Big Sisters that's all I can say.

We also hit Barnes and Noble twice, (thanks Dan) and the Super Target. By that time I was shopped out .

Lori, Em and I did our annual trip to Grandville on New Years Day. I tried to find clothes for Dan, and did buy a few, but alas, will be returning most of them. Did I mention I hate returning items more than shopping for them? We had a great time, especially at Gap Body.

Then a good friend of ours had his first baby on 12/30 and I had to start right away on a knitted baby gift.

Gracie and I headed to Holland, I found yarn at Lizzie Anns and then another stop at Barnes and Nobles to look for a pattern.

While standing in the Knitting section, I struck up a conversation with a fellow knitter. She told me about a new yarn shoppe in South Haven. How thrilled was I, it is just 15 minutes from my house!

Gracie and I were able to make it there before closing, great little shoppe, wonderful owner and scrumptious yarns. Of course, many soft, squeezable, luscious, glowing yarns came home with me.

Two weeks off, pure heaven!

1 comment:

Em! said...

I am very glad that you got to shop with the girls! That is to cool that you found a new yarn store! Fun Fun!
Have a wonderful week!...also I wrote Paige on facebook and told her about our Gap Body experience! Haha Tootles Hun!