Monday, October 6, 2008

Cali's Recorder Case



Cali is our secretary's daughter and is learning the Recorder this year at school.
After carrying it around in it's basic vinyl case, she asked her mom if she thought I could make her something pretty.
Cali is also known by her good friends as "Princess Cali".
I had her come into the store and we talked about what colors she would want and took some measurements and after a week or so I came up with this.



I think she is pleased! She even played me a couple of songs on the recorder.
I told her to tell all her friends that it is a one of a kind and could not possibly be duplicated.

I told her mother, she will have a rude awakening when she figures out that I am really not all that.

You know my lot in life....that my greatest fans are little girls and old men!!!!!

Pattern
Any Worsted Weight Yarn
I used Malabrigo and Cascade
Gauge: not important
Finished Size: 4" x 14"
Cast on: 30 sts....or what you need to obtain 4"
Knit in st/st until piece measures 28" ro 29" inches
Fold, seam with mattress stitch both edges
Pick up sts on both sides and knit 2 rows
Bind of with Picot Bind off - bind off 6 sts, *place last sts back on left needle, c/o 1 sts with cable cast on, bind off 5 sts* repeat between *.
Strap: c/o 4 sts work I cord until desired length
Flowers: c/o 3 sts work I-cord until desired length, form into simple daisy shape and sew with beading thread.

The perfect thing for all those Recorder playing Princesses.

5 comments:

Josee said...

How nice! My niece Emmanuelle just called me to ask for a knitted recorder case! Can you give me an idea of your pattern? How you made that nice edging?

Thanks in advance

Poppy said...

Hey, you are all that! How fun is her case! She will be the envy of the class! Very Cute Leisa, very Cute!

Jill in Florida

Bambi said...

Love the colors. So 60's!
One very special girl.
You have started something;)
And what item have you created for the old man's needs?

Leisa said...

josee,
I will get the pattern up as soon as I can. Keep checking back. Glad you liked it

Em! said...

Super Cute! I love it! I love your commet at the end about the young people and old men!......yeah thats my A. Leisa!
~Em