Sunday, June 29, 2008

Citrus Parmesan Couscous


This recipe is adapted from Heidi Swansons http://www.101cookbooks.com/.

Served this at Heidi's (not Swasons) 40th birthday party a couple weeks ago, it all just came together and a few folks have requested the recipe so here it is.

2 cups Israeli Couscous
4 1/2 cups boiling seasoned water (I used McKays Chicken)
1 cup fresh peas (blanched, chilled), or frozen if not in season.
Goat Cheese
Slived Almonds (I toasted them)
1 Medium Orange, zest and juice
1 shallot, chopped
1/3 cup Parmesan, freshly shredded ( I used more )
2 TBLS rice wine vinegar
2 TBLS honey
1 inch of peeled fresh ginger, finely minced
1/2 cup good quality olive oil
several big pinches of sea salt

Add couscous to water, cover until all broth is absorbed.

For Dressing:
Combine orange juice, zest, shallot vinegar, honey, ginger, and Parmesan in bowl, whisk in olive oil, taste, season to your taste.

Fluff couscous, add peas, and crumbled goat cheese, add dressing, Toss in Almonds, Chill, and Enjoy.

I suppose any fresh green veggie could be substituted, this is fast, easy and delicious.

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Thanks, YUM! I can't believe I am going to make this let alone that I love it since I hate ginger. But then again you ate rhubarb.

Miss you

Jill in Florida